Wednesday, June 30, 2010

In a Phrygian Mood

I set out today to write something in a particular mode. So on the piano I was messing around trying to choose which one I wanted to pick. I didn't want to use something too common so Ionian, Aeolian, and Dorian were out. (Hope that those were the right ones, I meant because I suck at remembering these) I settled on Phrygian because it had a sort of sentimental sound to it that I kind of liked.

Composing this was stranger than normal. Both the chords and the harmony seemed to come to me at the same time. It was weird.



Bonus Points given out if you can name the song and composer that the title alludes to.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the sentimental feel. Very...smooth!jazz, type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I wish i could explain to you why.

    ReplyDelete